Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finally it seems a bit of a drop

So I did something yesterday that I never thought I would do - I forgot about a weigh in!!
I'm supposed to weigh in every Monday morning for the Marathon Weight Loss Challenge and I totally forgot!! I'll admit that I'm quite pleased with this, I'm pleased that my attention is drawn away from the scales for once because I often find myself wanting to weigh myself mid week just to see how I'm doing but last week seemed to go so fast that I barely had time to organise myself never mind stop to step on the scales.
Also it might be because I haven't been eating too well recently so my mind was probably diverting my attention from the scales because I feared that they wouldn't give me very good results.
I haven't been eating terribly but I have had to modify my eating quite a bit recently because for the last five weeks or so I've been having trouble swallowing - food keeps getting stuck in my throat and I often have to make myself sick to get it out, this is now happening most meal times and so I'm sure my weight loss this week (3.4 lbs) is due to the fact that not much of my food that I eat stays in my stomach!!
So my eating choices have been anything that seems to 'go' down quite well, wet and squishy things tend to work better that plain grilled things so I've been eating more things with mayo on them to allow them to slide down easier - I'm trying to continue making good decisions (i.e. lately a tuna mayo and salad wrap seems to be doing OK so that's all I've been eating for lunch - cous cous, roasted vegetables and chicken on the other hand last night resulted in me being sick four times so I'm going to stay away from that particular meal for the time being!!)
I'm currently waiting for a appointment for some tests at the hospital so fingers crossed they find out what it is, it's nothing too serious and they can do something about it.
I'm not religious at all but if you guys are and wanna put in a good word for me, then I'm hoping it might help?

Anyway enough about my throat problems - I managed to get to the gym three times last week plus ballet and street dance classes and I managed to walk a fair bit in between too - I don't think there was a day last week where I didn't make my 10,000 steps target on my fitbit.
We also had a bit of excitement / hassle in our flat at the weekend - we ran out of hot water!! There seems to be a bit of a problem outside of our flat which is meaning that we have very limited hot water at the moment, there doesn't seem to be an answer to the problem at the moment so I'm making sure I have a good long shower at my gym before I head home - this also means that there is more of a chance that there will be hot water for my flatmate who doesn't have a gym shower to go to.

Last night was a short one at the gym - I didn't feel like I had enough energy to do anything too strenuous (Monday's always feel the same) so I just hopped on the treadmill and busted out a 5k (a very slow 5k - 44mins!!) and then worked on my arms for a bit on the chest press and the lat pulldown then I headed to the changing room to for a shower and hair wash.

Apart from that I'm feeling pretty weary at the moment, like I said I'm not sure how much food I eat is staying down so it's probably just that but I'm continuing to go to the gym and dance classes.
It's week 5 in my ballet lessons tonight so only three more to go of this course after this!! I'm still not sure how much of it I'm getting but I figure I could always do over this course before moving on if I don't feel comfortable.

Question:
If there's any kind of dance you would like to try, what would it be and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment