Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gutted

Ha ha ha - as I suspected I checked with reception last night at the gym and the machines are in km not miles!!
I knew it was too good to be true that I'd managed 5k in such a short time - last night I ran an actual 5k in 38 minutes
Booooo
It was a lot harder last night too - that might be due to actually running a long distance but my legs seemed a lot heavier last night than the night before.
Oh well, today is another day and I'm gonna head back to the gym tonight and see if I can better that - I'd like to run for longer than 5k tonight ideally but I'm going to see how I feel tonight.
I'm also going to see what's happening with my usual gym tonight to see if it's open again because my free pass for this gym runs out tonight :-(

On another note the mini challenge for the Marathon Weight Loss Challenge is to take a photo food diary this week.
I have been doing this and I'm going to create a page just for this when I get a chance. I eat both my breakfast and lunch at my desk though so unfortunately it never looks very pretty!!

2 comments:

  1. Well done for running 5k in 38 mins I think that's great.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your photo food diary. I've become a little addicted to taking photos of my meals on Instagram. If you have it check me out I'm roadtolesscake - same name as my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - although I know its an achievement I still find myself getting down at my time!! I'd like to eventually do a sub 30 minute 5K but I suppose everyone has to start somewhere.
      Thanks for stopping by - I'll get my diary pics up ASAP, my evenings seem to fly by these days!!
      Just been reading your blog - its great - I used to live near Rievaulx Abbey so the pics were a lovely reminder of home!

      Delete