Tuesday, July 31, 2012

An award winner?!

I can't really believe this but I've been nominated for a Liebster Award from not one but two of my fellow bloggers - this is amazing because I read their blogs all the time and can't believe they have nominated me!!



I was awarded The Liebster Award from my fellow bloggers 
and

I can't believe it!!  It's a great way to share some things about yourself and learn from others in your blogging community!
So what is the Liebster Award:
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
Here are 11 little things to share with you about my life...
1. I grew up on a farm in North Yorkshire
2. I applied for a Visa to emigrate to Australia but then met Paul so stayed in Scotland
3. When I get my own house I want to get a dog and call it Dexter
4. I became a Godmother to my gorgeous Godson Luke when I was 12
5. I currently drive a Vauxhall Corsa but would love a Mini
6. I love making cakes and would love to own a bakery
7. I have sung in the Royal Albert Hall
8. I’d love it if life was a musical
9. My favourite colour is red.
10. I want to learn how to speak Italian
11.I’m going to see my uni friend get married in Ghana next year.

I'm going to answer both sets of 11 questions below
Questions from Laura at Spicing up my life
1. Who has been an inspiration in your life?
My Mum – she’s a Primary school teacher and has quite literally brought up about three generations of our village – she’s everyone’s second Mum and I think she found her calling being a ‘mother’ figure and I’m one of only two people who can officially call her Mum.
2. What is a dream of yours that you've been holding back from achieving?
As I said above I’d have liked to have been a Film Score composer but I’m also very lucky to be doing the other dream job I wanted and I remind myself of that fact every day.
3. What is your best attribute?
People say I have nice eyes – Personality wise I try to be a nice person.
4. What is your favourite memory from childhood?
My Dad used to make amazing sculptures out of sand on the beach on holiday (racing cars we could actually sit in, mermaids, octopuses, trains you name it)
5. If you could rewind your life, what is one thing you would do differently?
I think everything that has gone before leads you to where you are today so I don’t think I’d change anything for fear of changing where I am now.
6. What was your proudest moment?
Getting my degree – at the end of it it got pretty tough and I didn’t know if I’d pass or not
7. What is your favourite quote?
I don’t have a favourite quote but my favourite ‘mantra’ is ‘If’ by Rudyard Kipling – I have it pinned to my desk at work
8. How did your life turn out differently than you expected?
I never thought I’d be living in Scotland, before I got sent here for work it was never a place I’d considered living
9. What is the quirkiest thing you do?
I have to wear a complete pair of socks - I can't wear odd ones
10. What is your richest blessing?
Paul – I met the best friend I never knew I had and I’m lucky enough that he wants to spend time with me too
11. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
If I can help / inspire just one person by sharing the ups and downs of my journey then that’d be great.

Questions from Kay at Goal of Losing
1. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
To be totally truthful I’m pretty happy being exactly where I am now, I’m very lucky to have a great life – but saying that, lying on a beach in Hawaii wouldn’t be such a bad thing!!
2. If you were given only one word to describe yourself, which word would you choose?
Loyal
3. What is your favourite movie?
Any of the Harry Potter Films – they are my go to films if I’m stuck with nothing to do, the effects are amazing and I love the magical stories but I also love The Shawshank Redemption and the new Batman film (awesome!!)
4. What is your favourite book?
Angels and Demons but Dan Brown – I love all that Indiana Jones ish historical legends stuff
5. Where is the furthest you have travelled?
Vancouver Canada
6. If you could be anything when you grow up, what would you be?
A Film Score Composer
7. What would your answer to #6 have been when you were a child?
I’m pretty sure I wanted to be The Little Mermaid!!
8. What is your favourite food?
I’m going to choose a cuisine for this and it has to be Italian, I love all and everything about Italy and its food!!
9. Do you have one bad habit that you would like to break?
I crack my knuckles
10. What is one of your pet-peeves?
People not saying Please and Thank you – they’re such short words and cost nothing but people don’t always say them
11. When was the last time you laughed and why?
Last night at my dance class – the instructor actually said ‘if you think this hurts breathe it in because it’s only going to get worse!’ I laughed out of fear!!

And now my questions to all my lucky recipients:

1. Who has been an inspiration in your life?
2. What is a dream of yours?
3. When was the last time you've laughed and why?
4. What was your proudest moment?
5. If your life was a movie who would you like to play you?
6. If money were no object where would you go on holiday, who would you take and why?
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
8. If you were stuck in a lift (elevator) with two people (dead or alive) who would they be and why?
9. What is your favourite season? Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter?
10. What is one thing you would love to learn to do?
11. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?

And now I'm passing it on...

Here are the winners in my eyes


6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! I actually remember stumbling across your blog before I created mine and was actively following blogs. Congrats on all our success so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems - I love reading your blog, you have such great style, and you're doing so well even considering your amazingly enviable social life!! I also LOVE Toronto so you make me jealous there too!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! I'm excited to do this!

    HP movies are my go to also, in the past 3 months I've had two HP marathon days. They never get old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems - I think our mindset is pretty similar, I'll move for cake and I'd run a mile for chocolate!! And you've already made it in my eyes so it's nice hearing about the life of a success story!!
      Harry Potter is my guilty pleasure, I cannot confirm or deny that it is often my audiobook of choice when running!!

      Delete
  3. RE: my virtual race... Remind me when you finish it and I'll totally send you a medal! Granted... if you look at last year's medals (link on the sign up page) they aren't anything to write home about for usre!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha thanks - although I was kinda joking, I live in the UK so it'd cost you a fortune to send it!! You're awesome for saying you would though!
      P.S. your medals from last year were great!

      Delete