Friday, June 8, 2012

Turned a corner

Its lunchtime and I'm at work and I'm eating lunch!!
Ha ha it sounds so simple but the last couple of days I've felt so nauseous that I haven't really been eating, just drinking cups of tea.
However - my eyes don't feel so blurry today and thanks to the doctor yesterday and some magic anti nausea and headache tablets I really don't feel so sick anymore! Just in time for the weekend!! Yes!
I'm still going to take it easy today though, I have some house work to catch up on and I usually do my weekly food shop on a Friday afternoon before a swim and then dance class.
I think I'm going to give swimming and dancing a miss for today (insert sad face here) to make sure I'm 100% again before I try anything strenuous but I'm going to keep moving by cleaning the flat and doing the food shop, then after that I'm going to curl up in bed, watch a movie, read some blogs and wait for Paul to get in and give me a cuddle :-D
This weekend I'm going to make sure I get in the pool because my swim is TWO WEEKS AWAY!!! Scared much!! It's coming in so fast!!
By the way I'm doing it for a charity in the UK called Bliss Babies who help care for sick and premature babies. They give much needed counselling to the parents and families affected and help raise money for incubators and other emergency kit so it's a very worthwhile charity
If any of you want to donate then I have a just giving page
www(dot)justgiving(dot)com/hannahtakestheplunge
Please don't feel obliged but if you can and want to donate then it would help me reach my target.
OK. Shameless plug over.

Today I also reached a milestone - I got my first ever blog comment!! From blog wobble its a great blog and very 'real'. I find comfort in the fact that she has her bad days along with her good days because I know there is about 2% of the population who genuinely enjoy working out and it's never been for any other reason than to get out and be active rather than a means to lose weight. But the other 98% of us find it difficult every now and then to get off our asses and get moving and more than anything, her blog shows that you can pick yourself back up again, dust yourself down and still have an amazing attitude on life.
By the way - I'm not dissing you 2%ers I'm very envious of you in fact!!
So anyways - I now feel like a 'proper blogger' so thank you for your comment - its made my day :-D

This weekend I also WILL sort out my goals page - I have so many things I'd like to do in life that I'm finding it hard to pick the ones that should go first!! I also want to have monthly goals because I've seen them on other blogs and I think they're great - they'll help me get back my mojo when I'm having a bad day because I'll have to get back on it if I've got goals to achieve.

I'm now going to end today's post with a very girly question that I'm hoping someone can help me with...
How do you keep your hair in decent condition when swimming all the time?!!
I'm in the pool most nights now (migraines aside) and there must be TONS of chlorine in there because my hair (and skin) is wrecked!!
I wash my hair every time I get out of the pool with shampoo and conditioner and I moisturise my face when I'm dry but my skin is so dry and tight these days and my hair feels like straw!!
I'm hoping someone can help because I like the swimming but I also like to not look like a scarecrow afterwards!!

Have a great weekend - good health to you all!

8 comments:

  1. Awww I feel so honored! Thanks for the shout out. I didnt realise I was your first, so lemme send some friends over to say hi. Hopefully you will get lots more. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - you popped my blog cherry!! Thanks for the shout out, it meant a lot
      Have a great weekend

      Delete
  2. Hi :) Saw you link on Blog Wobble's post! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot - I'm pretty new to this blogging thing but bare with me!

      Delete
  3. Same! I mean, I came from blog wobble as well. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm feeling better already.
      Have a great weekend

      Delete
  4. Popped over from Blog Wobble too, look forward to keeping track of how you're getting on.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot - its gonna be a bumpy (pun intended!) ride but I'll get there in the end. It helps when there's people around too.
      Have a great weekend

      Delete