Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lose Half a Marathon Challenge

So I've decided to sign up to this challenge.




I'm sure a lot of you have either heard of it already or have even signed up for this half or the full marathon.
If you have then I wish you all the best with it - lets try and make this summer a lighter one all around!!
If you haven't heard about it and want to sign up you can read about it here. It's been setup by runwithjess and you still have until the 25th June (Monday) to sign up so you haven't missed the boat don't worry.

As my monthly goals were going to be to lose a pound a week I decided that the half marathon would be the best for me and the most realistic - I'd love to be able to say I've lost a marathon but to be honest I just don't think I've got it in me and I'm not a person who plans to fail!!

The challenge will also include mini challenges and prizes (I'm all for a pat on the head every now and again!!) and I'm hoping this will help me keep motivated in the important transition period between having my personal trainer and finding my own training schedule.

The weigh ins for the challenge are on a Monday morning so I'm going to change my weigh ins here to Mondays too to make it more consistent.
I'll be honest and say I'm a bit nervous about this because I, like I'm sure most of you too, often fall off the wagon on a weekend and my Monday weigh ins might not be too pretty. But Tuesday is only a day away from Monday and I've been doing OK so far so I'm sure that my Tuesday weigh in security blanket was fictional.

I'm going to create a new Half Marathon page on here too to track my progress - this will include measurements and weigh ins and general comments / feelings of how I'm doing.
Another thing Jess asks is that you send a new healthy recipe and a photo of it as often as you can so I'm going to make it my mission to try something new every week which will conveniently tie up with me needing to cook more often and get a bit more adventurous!!
I'll warn you that this might not happen this week due to it already being Thursday and I'm away this weekend and not able to cook but I promise to start the cooking next week.

Seriously its almost like Jess jumped into my head, had a rummage around and thought 'I know what to do to give Hannah a helping hand!!'

Good Luck everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your race :) can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete