Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hump Day Downer

Just a quick one today because I'm at work and really should be working - I know, that should be a swear word!!

Firstly - I'm in pain, lots of it. My back is killing me (from the swim I think) my thighs are killing me (from the weighted squats on Monday I think) my arms are killing me (swim and gym combo I think) and I've still not slept properly since the weekend so I'm a crabby monkey today too!!

Also I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I'm two pounds up from Monday morning!! Which is two pounds up from last week!! What is going on!!!
Serves me right for being impatient.

Last night I said goodbye to my flatmate for four weeks - she is a lucky thing and is going travelling in Thailand with her boyfriend for four weeks!! Jealous much! The up sides to being teachers although you couldn't pay me enough money to spend all day surrounded by teenagers like they do!!

I also made a delicious dinner last night - I'm going to make it again tonight it was that good and I'll also try and slow my mouth long enough to take some pictures this evening!!
It was lamb chops marinaded in rosemary, chili flakes, paprika, lime juice and olive oil and then grilled on my George Foreman grill with a salad with lettuce, cucumber, bell peppers and feta cheese along with some roasted courgette, aubergine, red onion and tomatoes drizzled with a little more olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Delicious!!
I promise to have pictures for you tomorrow.

Tonight I'm going back to the gym - I'm not sure what I'm going to do - does anyone have any workout ideas for me?
I'm definitely going to try for a 5K but as for the strength side of things I'm still a bit lost without Tom :-(

On the plus side of my horrendous downer I'm on today - Its Wednesday which means it's Hump Day and it's all down hill to the weekend from here!!

I hope you guys are all having a better day than me.

3 comments:

  1. Just remember that a sudden increase in exercise, especially weights will shock the body for a bit. It will take consistancy, meaning you will have to give your body a week or two to get into it's new rhythm. I always "gain" when I shake things up and start a new workout regime, it takes 2 weeks or more before my body stops fighting me and often the scale will plateau for a bit too. I have learned all about exercise induced weight gain, believe me. I feel worse now, when I have cut my training back and I am losing on the scale because I know that the loss I see is muscle not fat, for the most part. Hang in there, don't let the scale derail you, it's a lying jerk most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that - just what I needed to hear! It serves me right really for not hanging on for another week before weighing myself!!
      I think it's a combination of tiredness, soreness from my swim and total lack of faith in myself now I don't have Tom to whip my butt!!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I should add, you will weigh more if your muscles are hurting after a workout, you are retaining fluid and lactic acid factors in there somewhere too. Drink extra water and soak in an epsom salt bath and once the pain subsides you will find the scale will come down too. Yep, I learned that one too! :) Smile chicka!!

    ReplyDelete