Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Mondays

Hiya everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend and are back at work / into school runs with a smile on your face.
I'll admit I didn't feel like that much this morning but now it's halfway through my day I feel much more awake and ready for what the week holds - and of course my lead up to the swim!! I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before on here!! LOL - the words broken record comes to mind!

Anyway my weekend was a mixed one to tell you the truth - I went to the pool after work and did my 2 mile swim as planned, I managed it in 1 hour 12 minutes which is a PR of mine so I was pretty happy with that! However I was seriously tired afterwards so I decided to skip my dance class which I was annoyed with myself about but I really need to keep myself in good shape for my swim so didn't want to push it. The pool was brilliant on the Friday afternoon - at one point for about half an hour I was the only one in there so there was no dodging around people or stopping and starting I just got in and swam - brilliant!

On Saturday I got up early and put in a quick one mile swim in the pool so that I could get back home and get ready to go into town with Amy to get our hair cut - boy did mine need it! Because of washing my hair every night after the swimming and the chlorine in the pool and it generally needing a cut anyways, my hair has had the consistency of straw for a while. I was trying to leave it as long as possible because I figured that there was no point trying to solve the dryness while I was still going in the pool every night.
Anyways Amy wanted to get her hair cut before she goes on holiday (Thailand - lucky thing!!) and we got vouchers for money off at a nice salon in town so I figured with only one week to go, my hair wouldn't get too ruined  by the pool.

After that I went and got my eyebrows threaded (yup I've really been neglecting myself recently!!) and got some more multi vitamins that I was out of. Amy needed a few things for her holidays too so we went together, however after that my head started to hurt (again) and I felt a bit dizzy and sick so I decided to go home and get to my bed before it got any worse - luckily it didn't come out as a full blown migraine but I slept for most of the afternoon and still felt dizzy that evening and into Sunday.

Sunday for me was a missed swim session due to my head and basically staying in bed with Paul looking after me - I don't think I've ever slept that much!

I'll admit now that I didn't track any of my food at the weekend and it may have involved chocolate and a Chinese takeaway on the Saturday night - I was feeling so drained that all I could think of was chicken and sweetcorn soup from the Chinese down the road so I ordered some to be delivered along with a chicken and vegetable noodle stir fry - I only ate about half of the takeaway so I hope it doesn't put my weight back too much - it was what I needed at the time so I'm trying not to regret it.

By Sunday afternoon after a couple of movies in bed I was feeling a bit better and Paul and I went to his Parent's house for Fathers Day dinner - lamb and roast vegetables, yummy and then I headed back home to sort out my lunch and gym stuff for today.

Tonight is my second last session with Tom!! I really don't know how I'm going to cope without him - there have been plenty of times that I've passed the point I would have normally stopped doing something purely because he is there pushing me. I just hope I can remember that I can push further than I think I can.
Paul's mum also runs a lot so my aim is to get better at running, finish the Couch to 5K programme and then maybe one day go for a run with her (there's no way I'd keep up with her at the moment!!)

Today I'm back on with my porridge for breakfast, apple for mid morning snack and chicken salad for lunch washed down with copious amounts of water. Hopefully if the weekend has affected me in any way then this will start to readdress the balance. Weigh in day is tomorrow though so there's not much time to waste!!

I hope you all had a great weekend - were you good this weekend or did you slip and, like me, are trying to get back on track today?

No comments:

Post a Comment