Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another half a mile banked

As the title suggests I only swam half a mile last night but I'm not too down on it really.

The pool was full again and the lanes were being used for swimming lessons which meant I was in the main part of the pool dodging kids with inflatable balls again.

Also my muscles were killing me last night - obviously I started out the week a wee bit too enthusiastically and I'm paying for it now! So I used last night to stretch my muscles using the water as a good buoyancy aid and to give my body some support.

Half a mile took me 22 minutes which is a slow one but it was meant to be - I did most of it in breaststroke and wasn't trying to beat any of my times I'm just glad I forced myself into the pool for a start especially when I was feeling as tired and achy as I was yesterday!!

This morning I'm still very achy and tired, I couldn't sleep again last night so work is going to be hard today and the gym tonight even harder.

Like I said though I'm not going to be too hard on myself at all - the main thing is I drove to the pool, I got in and I swam which is exactly what I need to be doing right now (four weeks on Friday until the big swim!!!)

I have my session at the gym with Tom tonight and although I would like to go swimming again like I did on Monday night but I have a flat viewing so I'm not going to be able to go - I think there are swimming lessons on again tonight anyways so I'd be fighting the masses again so I'm not too disappointed. I'm still working out with Tom which will keep me moving and help get my fitness up to where I want it to be.

Is there anything you do to get rid of muscle aches?
What's your favourite way to unwind after a hard training session?

No comments:

Post a Comment